Columbia Africa HealthMaster – Health Check Program
We may appear fit and healthy, but our lifestyle takes a toll on our health. Unhealthy eating habits, overeating, extended working hours, inadequate rest, sedentary lifestyle with no exercise, use of alcohol and tobacco – all this plays havoc on the health of an individual. Often with the fast-paced life one does not have the time to go for a health check up until there is a medical crisis.
A few hours once a year is most often all that is needed to ensure good health.
Periodic health checks help detect disease early and with corrective action can ensure prevention or treatment aimed at cure or containment.
Why Columbia Africa HealthMaster Executive Check up Plan
- HealthMaster Plans suit individuals as well as organisations.
- The customer care will help you with fixing the appointment, pre-arrival preparation, guiding you through the process of various tests you will undergo as part of the health check and ensuring your appointment with the consultant.
- All our health check packages are supported by evidence-based practice and expertise with the most sophisticated technology Electronic medical records which helps us to email you the reports.
- Supported by a state-of–the–art radiology department and laboratory Internationally benchmarked standard protocols and evidence based medical practice.
- International standards of infection control and hygiene.
Scheduling your Health Check Appointment
- To avoid any inconvenience, kindly fix your appointment with customer care in advance with your Member Registration Number (MRN) if you are already registered with us.
- If you are not registered with us, please reach the hospital twenty minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. The customer care will assist you.
- Inform in advance if you wish to undergo any additional tests/ investigations/ procedures/consultations, so that customer care can schedule them in advance.
- Additional tests/ investigations/ procedures/consultations requested by you would be charged separately in addition to the package.
- In case you want to postpone or cancel the scheduled appointment, please let us know a day in advance. This will not only help us reschedule your appointment but your cancelled slot will be allotted to another patient on the waiting list.
- On completion of your health check-up, you will receive a comprehensive medical summary comprising relevant diagnosis, recommendations, etc.
- No fitness certificate or medical clearance certificate will be issued
- Specially for Women Radiological investigations like x-rays are contraindicated in pregnancy
- Pap smear is advised for women of all ages, who are sexually active
- Women with an ongoing menstrual period, should postpone the health check-up as urine examination and Pap smear test results will not be accurate.
- Inform Customer Care If you areo Diabetic
o Have complaints of chest pain or breathlessnesso Pregnant or suspect pregnancy
Pre-Health check Guidelines
- These guidelines help you have a pleasant experience while going through the process of a
health check. Please ensure you follow the advice shared with you
- All health checks are conducted by prior appointment only.
- Approximate time for the health check-up is 5-6 hours, hence plan your day accordingly.
- In some cases, health check-up will be conducted over 2 days.
o The first day will include a pre-health check evaluation by a doctor, followed by tests as per your health check plan. This will take 5-6 hours.
o On day 2, your pending reports will be compiled, and all necessary consultations based on the findings of the various tests will be scheduled.
- In some cases, additional tests may be advised if the preliminary screening reveals any abnormality or requires further investigation. These tests will be charged extra.
- A minimum of 12 hours fasting is essential prior to any health check.
- 2-3 glasses of water may be consumed but not any hot or cold beverage.
- Abstain from consuming alcohol at least 12 hours prior to health check.
- Bring any prior test results/medical reports for any chronic illness or health problems to assist in diagnosis. If done at Columbia Africa, our doctors can access your records as they are available on our electronic medical record system.
- Let us know if you are pregnant /suspect pregnancy. In such cases, x-ray will not be done.
- Inform the Nursing Staff at the time of pre-health check evaluation If you are having a menstrual period on the day of the health check-up, tests like Urine Examination, Pap smear will be postponed.
- Avoid Digital Mammogram for breast cancer screening during menstrual period as the breasts are sensitive during this time. (Mammography applicable only for 40 years and above).
- In case you are not able to provide us with a stool sample, please collect sterilized containers from the lab beforehand and bring it with you at the time of health check and hand it over to the Laboratory.
- Please do not apply oil, cream or powder on the chest or abdomen when you come for the check up as ECG leads and Ultrasound Scan will be placed on your body.
- Wear loose fitting clothes and avoid wearing jewellery.
- Wear sports shoes for treadmill test
- Complimentary breakfast will be provided if mentioned in the plan.
- Plan to arrive at the hospital 20 min before your appointment time on the day of the check up.
- The payment should be made prior to the health check-up.