Medical Centre - Nairobi - Doctors
Dr. Nicola Adhiambo Okech
MBChB, M.Med (Internal Medicine)
Dr. Nicola A. Okech, a consultant physician at Columbia Africa is a caring individual with a passion for helping people and improving their quality of life. She completed her undergraduate degree in 2006 from the University of Nairobi and obtained a master’s degree from the same institution in 2012. During her 10 years of practice, her main objective has always been to provide optimal and readily available healthcare to people of all backgrounds irrespective of their socioeconomic status.
Before joining Columbia Africa, Dr. Nicola practiced as private practitioner within Nairobi and its environs. She has conducted diabetic and endocrinology clinics within various institutions and has also worked as a part time lecturer at the Kenyatta University School of medicine.
Dr. Nicola possesses experience in adult critical care having worked as a senior registrar at the Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi ICU and as a flight physician for AMREF flying doctors. She possess training in both basic life support and advance cardiac life support.
Her main interest lies in diabetes and endocrinology as well as academia where she endeavors to play a role in reducing the increasing number of cases of non-communicable diseases in Kenya and Africa as a whole.
- Internal Medicine
Total Experience: Over 10 Years
- Medical officer intern: Embu Provincial General Hospital
- Medical officer: Makindu District Hospital
- Registrar in internal medicine: KNH/UON
- Senior registrar: critical care. Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi
- Flight physician: AMREF flying doctors
- Consultant physician: Nairobi and Thika conducting diabetic and endocrinology clinics at Mater Thika and Buruburu satellite clinics
- Part time lecturer: School of medicine; Department of Internal Medicine, Kenyatta University